Kenosha County Human Services Relocation and Renovation
The opportunity to expand Design Partners to the building’s first floor (once a drug store and restaurant) allowed for a more prominent street presence for the company and further engagement in the downtown Racine atmosphere.
The renovations included creating a new reception desk, lobby space with product display, and the addition of five new private offices. The design integrated much of the original millwork from the 1883 drug store. Era appropriate light fixtures and finishes were included. In addition, the adjacent private dining room was able to be converted to a large collaborative space that includes a conference room, pool table, and “collaboration bar” for client and employee use.